Lancaster, PA (January 2, 2015).
In 2014, ERC made an intentional commitment to partner with local organizations to help advance their missions by providing financial contributions, in-kind donations of services and equipment, as well as employee participation.
“As a company we believe that we have a responsibility to give back to our community. In 2014 we made an intentional commitment to increase our financial and in-kind donations to community organizations in need,” said Ken Lefever, President of ERC.
ERC launched its intentional commitment to the community at its 8th Annual Customer Appreciation Golf Outing, which served as a fundraising opportunity for both Meals on Wheels and Schreiber Pediatric.
“The entire ERC team shares our vision of community commitment and that is evident in the way our team embraces the organizations we’ve partnered with by raising funds, donating items, and volunteering their time,” said Lefever. ERC participated in many community events throughout 2014 including:
- 25th Annual Make-A-Wish® Mother’s Day Truck Convoy – ERC dedicated trucks to transport Make-A-Wish children and ERC drivers raised funds to support the event.
- The 26th Annual Schreiber Pediatric Rubber Duckie Race & Festival – ERC was a Rubber Duckie Racer Sponsor and the company also supported the event by making in-kind donations of dumpsters, food waste totes, and portable toilets.
- Hartz Physical Therapy’s Fall Blast and Girls on the Run 5K – ERC was a Premier Sponsor, and provided portable restrooms for the event.
- Toys for Tots – ERC collected items for the Toys for Tots program at its Lancaster and Baltimore facilities.
- 4th Annual F&M 5K – ERC was a Mega Mile Sponsor for the 5K event, which benefited Franklin & Marshall’s Women’s Basketball team.
In 2015, ERC will continue to enhance its community presence by seeking additional organizations that could benefit from its financial contributions, in-kind donations of ERC’s services and equipment, or volunteer time from ERC staff.
ERC, a private, family-owned business since 1988, is one of the largest residual waste-processing facilities in the mid-Atlantic region, processing millions of gallons of residual waste every year. ERC processes a wide variety of non-hazardous waste materials from a variety of industries. Learn more at http://ercofpa.com/